This is my take on one of Gordon Ramsey’s recipes. I’ve changed some of the recipe just to suit a tighter budget. This is such a great recipe for when friends come over because its something a bit different! You can eat them with your hands, or just pile the beef on top of some lettuce for an flavour inspired salad. The original recipe is here:http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535650/gordon-ramsay-s-chilli-beef-lettuce-wraps
Heres how I mixed it up a bit:
You will need: (to make about 5 lettuce ‘cups’) 5cm piece of ginger, 2 cloves of garlic (or a tspn of crushed garlic), 2 spring onions, 1 chili, 1 small lemon, 2 tspn fish sauce, tspn brown sugar, Half a pack of Pak’n’Save $12 beef mince (I don’t know the exact weight of the pack, but I split it in half), Cos or Gem lettuce.
– With a little olive oil, cook the mince for about 7 mins (You need to get a good colour on the mince, almost crispy as it adds to the flavour)
– Place cooked mince in a bowl on some kitchen bowl to soak up the excess moisture.
– Peel the ginger and finally chop the ginger and garlic.
– Cook for about 2 mins in the pan with the sugar and fish sauce.
– Add the mince back in and stir through.
– Add the lemon juice (should be lime, but I have a lemon tree and limes are pricey) and the spring onions and stir through. Cook for about 30 seconds.
– Place the beef mix delicately on your lettuce.
– Serve with Gordon Ramsey’s sauce on the same recipe.