Tonight was one of those nights where I looked in the fridge and there wasn’t much there. Stir Fry’s are such a quick and easy meal to create, and you really don’t need that much to create them. These noodles were a bargain from PAK’nSAVE at 98c each and 98% fat free. Also forget those pre made ‘stir fry sauces’ full of sugar and preservatives, the sauce for this is easy and flavorsome.
You will need (for two large portions):
2 packs of 98% fat free udon noodles, 1 chicken breast, 1/2 head of broccoli, 2 cups of frozen spinach, 2 zucchinis, 1/2 onion, thumb size piece of fresh ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 red chili (de-seeded), optional – 2 hard or soft boiled eggs, 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1 tbspn honey.
– Boil the udon noodles in a saucepan for about 2 minutes and drain.
– In a fry pan, heat some olive oil (or oil of your choice) and add the chopped garlic, ginger, chili and onion and cook until softened.
– Add in the chicken and cook almost all the way through.
– Add in the vegetables and noodles and cook until vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through (10 mins on medium heat)
– Add the honey and soy sauce and cook for a further 5 mins.
– Slice the egg and place on top – serve.