I looked in my fridge today at lunch time after I just got back from running around uni in the rain. I saw what I had, and thought I’d create some lettuce wraps. I usually use cabbage to create my wraps, and it is a lot easier to wrap as its cooked and more flexible than lettuce, but lettuce is what I had, so it’s what I used. Now this isn’t a strict Paleo recipe, because I used brown rice for the filling. It’s still healthy, and it’s nice to have something a bit different for lunch. You could always substitute quinoa for the brown rice. Bye bye boring old ham sandwiches!
You will need (to make 3 to 4 wraps):
4 outer leaves of a lettuce, any veg you have available to add to the filling (I used 1/4 of a red onion, a few strips of red capsicum and a small carrot), half a cup of brown rice, 2 tbspns of soy sauce, 1 small can of tuna (I used sweet chilli tuna)
– Boil the brown rice in a saucepan according to packet instructions.
– Drain the rice and pour over 2 tbspns of soy sauce, the can of tuna and mix.
– Slice your vegetables and peel the outer leaves of the lettuce off and rinse them.
– Pile up your ingredients and wrap the lettuce leaf around.
– Eat with your hands and most likely make a huge mess…I did.