This breakfast is so tasty and really filling, so its great when you want a hearty breakfast at the start of a big day. Its so simple, which makes it even better.
You will need (to make 3 kumara hash cakes = 1 serving): Half of 1 large orange kumara, 2 eggs, tspn of dried mixed herbs, pinch of salt and pepper, olive oil.
– Peel and grate the kumara and flatten the grated kumara out on a paper towel and pat out the moisture.
– Place in a mixing bowl with the dried herbs, salt, pepper and 1 egg.
– Mix the grated mixture together and form 3 round flattened cake shapes in your hands.
– In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and brown off the hash cakes on each side. When they are done, place them on a paper towel to dry some of the oil off.
– Boil a pan of water and place your egg in to poach.
– Place your poached egg on top of the hash cakes, the egg acts as a sauce for the hash cakes.